As the saying goes, “Beautiful skin requires commitment, not a miracle.” This is the reason why this article is worth every single minute.
If you have been struggling with acne, then you might have noticed that most non-comedogenic products specially made for acne treatment and care contain Hyaluronic acid as an ingredient.
Hyaluronic acid is a natural humectant. Humectants hydrate your skin as they contain substances useful for absorbing water
Here, we are going to cover everything you need to know about hyaluronic acid. We will also be able to answer the FAQ about hyaluronic acid such as:-
- What acid is good for your face?
- What does hyaluronic acid do to your skin?
- Does hyaluronic acid help acne?
- What are the benefits of hyaluronic acid
- What are the side effects of hyaluronic acid
You will also get to know some of the most suitable serums for acne-prone skin. Sounds good, right? Keep reading to get all this knowledge. Besides, we said beautiful skin requires commitment, not a miracle.
What Acid Is Good For Your Skin?
First, I understand the pain and frustration that come along with damaged skin. Most people aggregate the breakouts by trying anything that comes along with the promise of beautiful, youthful, and glowing skin.
As the saying goes, “Many perish because of lack of knowledge.” Don’t fall into this category.
Now, let’s hop into our first question, what acid is good for your acne-prone skin?
Depending on your skin type, there are several acids that can be beneficial to your skin.
Here is a list of acids.
Hyaluronic acid is good for locking in the skin’s moisture. Though the human skin naturally contains hyaluronic acid, it reduces with age. To keep your skin moisturized and hydrated, you will require including hyaluronic acid into your daily skincare products.
If you are that person who frequently experiences acne breakouts, Salicylic acid is a necessity that can never lack in your daily routine skincare products. Salicylic acid is a beta hydroxy acid that deeply penetrates into your skin clearing off the dead cells. It is well known for the treatment of whiteheads and blackheads.
Mandelic acid is a gentler exfoliating alpha acid specifically best for oily skin. The acid is good for acne treatment as it removes excess oil from the skin. It is also good for hyperpigmentation and anti-aging. It is derived from almond extracts.
It is good for brightening the skin as well as calming any inflammation in the skin. It is, therefore, best for people with sensitive skin. Azelaic acid contains a large molecule that slowly penetrates into your skin leaving it gentler.
Does Hyaluronic Acid Treat Acne?
Hyaluronic acid is popular when it comes to acne treatment products. However, hyaluronic acid does not play a direct role in acne treatment. The major role of hyaluronic acid is hydrating the skin.
Why then is it necessary to include hyaluronic acid for acne?
- Maybe you are thinking, “My skin is oily, so I don’t need to moisturize.” This myth is incorrect! Even oily skin needs to be hydrated. When hyaluronic acid is used on the skin in a serum or cream, it deeply penetrates into the skin and hydrates each layer of cells, leaving the skin beautiful and glowing.
- Hyaluronic acid is a humectant that draws water from the atmosphere into the skin creating long lasting hydration.
- Hyaluronic acid is also good for clearing signs of aging.
What Are Other Benefits Of Hyaluronic Acid?
- Healthy, Elastic Skin
When hyaluronic acid is taken orally as a supplement, it increases the skin moisture, clears fine lines, and wrinkles. When injected into the body, it makes your skin firm and youthful
- Used For Healing Wounds
When hyaluronic acid is applied to the wounds, it is said to increase the healing process.
- Lubricates The Joints And Relieves Joint Pain
For people suffering from osteoarthritis, hyaluronic acid can be taken as a supplement to relieve joint pains.
- Relieves Discomfort Associated With Eye Dryness
Though hyaluronic acid is present in eyes, with age it might decrease leaving your eyes dry. Hyaluronic acid is, therefore, used as an ingredient in eye drops as it is known to reduce eye dryness.
- Relieve Bladder Pain
The HA can be inserted into the bladder via a catheter to relieve bladder pain.
What Are The Side Effects Of Hyaluronic Acid?
- Hyaluronic acid is safe for most people. However, for people with cancer, they should avoid using it as it is said to be sensitive to cancer. Hyaluronic acid might promote further growth of cancer cells making cancer more aggressive and to spread faster.
Now that we have learned the major benefits of hyaluronic acid, let us now look at the recommended products of hyaluronic acid.
Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum (Cosmedica)
- 100% pure
- Proven anti-aging serum
- The serum is free from, paraben, vegan, oil, dyes, fragrance, and fillers. (Good for people with acne breakouts issues).
Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum for Skin Pros
- A good rating of 4.3 out of 5
- Good for skin texture improvement
- Brightens the skin
- Gentle and effective. Can be used by people with sensitive skin.
- Very effective when it comes to reducing aging signs such as wrinkles and fine lines.
- In a dry climate, it might further dry your skin
- It does not entirely clear breakouts.
Check The Latest Price On Amazon
The product works miracles, especially when used together with Vitamin C serum. It clears wrinkles and fine lines associated with age. If you want smooth, glowing and youthful skin, go for Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum.
- 100% pure medical
- Anti-aging formula
- Good for all skin types
Instaskincare Hyaluronic Acid Pros
- The anti-aging properties will leave your skin smooth, radiant, and youthful
- The hyaluronic acid deeply moisturizes your skin giving you smooth, soft skin.
- Instaskincare hyaluronic acid is good for all types of skin. It will hydrate dry skin and won’t add excess oil to oily-skin.
- For natural and healthy skin, use Instaskincare hyaluronic acid. Remember that hyaluronic acid is usually present in your skin; however, as you get old, the acid reduces leaving your skin dry and wrinkled. The hyaluronic acid, when applied on your skin, rejuvenates your skin making you feel youthful.
- Does not directly treat acne
- Some people experienced skin irritation.
This product is affordable and it works wonders on wrinkled skin. If you are starting to feel old and your skin is proving you right, use this product on your skin and you will definitely feel rejuvenated.
- Contains vitamins C, D, and E
- Anti-aging correcting serum
- Boosts hydration
- Plump skin that reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- It’s affordable
- PHL Natural Hyaluronic acid is a hydrating serum that restores radiance to your skin.
- It’s the most powerful anti-aging formula. Once in contact with your skin, it restores elasticity and firmness leaving your skin smooth and nourished.
- The PHL Natural Hyaluronic acid works almost instantly when it comes to contact with your skin.
- Contains Vitamins C, D, and E, Aloe Vera, and witch hazel that ensure a purely restored and hydrated skin.
- Can be used under make-up
- Just like any other product, not everybody receives 100% results. Some clients experienced dryness on their face when they used the product.
- This product cannot be used alone to treat acne. For acne treatment, you have to mix with other acne treatment.
The product is just perfect! The results are almost instant. Two weeks of usage and your skin shows drastic improvement. PHL Natural hyaluronic acid removes wrinkles and fine lines around your eyes.
- Contains Salicylic Acid for acne treatment
- Anti-aging wrinkle facial serum
- Contains Retinols
- Contains Vitamins C plus super serum
- The mix of vitamin C, Retinol, Botanical Hyaluronic acid, Nourishing plant extracts, and Salicylic acid works wonders in promoting youthful and healthy skin.
- Truskin Serum rejuvenates, treats, and protects your skin from sun damage as it contains a mixture of Vitamin C, Retinol, and organic Aloe Vera.
- This serum is good for all skin types. It can be used 2-3 times a week together with your moisturizer or other skincare routine products.
- The serum is free from paraben, sulfates, artificial fragrances, silicon, corns, soy, and GMOs.
- What works for me might not work for you. Some people used it and they experienced skin irritation. If you use it and you experience the same, stop using it and try another product that might work for you. The good news is that the seller of this product allows 90 days to return if the product does not produce results for you.
- It does not entirely treat acne.
Truskin Serum is the best hyaluronic acid you can use to reduce wrinkles and fine lines from your skin. It contains a blend of ingredients that miraculously improve your skin. One week of using Truskin Serum and I entirely feel and look younger.
Final tips on Hyaluronic Acid for Acne
Hyaluronic acid serums are good for skin hydration and reducing anti-aging signs. If you are experiencing breakouts, you should go for a hyaluronic acid serum that contains other acne treatment ingredients such as salicylic acid. It is worth noting that most hyaluronic serums are formulated with other non-comedogenic ingredients to make it suitable for people with acne-prone skin.
It is said, “Knowledge is potential power!” you are here because you want to make the right decision to treat and maintain your skin. Thank you for reaching up to this point. Keep on checking for our next topic. If you have a topic you would like us to write about, feel free to leave a comment below.