- Always apply sunscreen products . Sun protection is vital for skin health. In fact, it's one of the safest ways to prevent premature signs of aging (such as fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging) and discoloration (such as age spots and darkening of post-acne spots). Make sure to apply first every morning or 20 minutes before any outdoor activity. Reapply every hour to ensure that your skin stays protected all day, especially if you spend time during the peak sun (11 a.m. to 3 p.m.).
For combination skin / oily, oily or acne-prone skin: Oil-free moisturizer SPF 30
For combination skin / dry skin: Hyaluronic Moisturizer SPF 15
For dry or mature skin: The moisture magnet SPF 15
- Protect your hands and feet. Yes, if you drive around and walk around in open shoes, you are prone to sun damage and premature signs of aging. Be sure to exfoliate, moisturize, and protect exposed hands and feet. Our tip? Have a bottle of Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 30 ready on the go. It not only keeps your hands and feet moisturized, it also sinks quickly without feeling greasy – and at the same time protects your skin.
- Regular peeling . It is important for glowing skin: by removing pore-clogging surface impurities and the death of dead skin cells from the skin, peeling reduces the discoloration and prevents future breakouts.
The Glycolic Foaming Cleanser has fundamentally changed most of us in the MB HQ. However, if you prefer a granular peel, give our invigorating botanical peel instead.
- Moisture is important . Summer sun, heat, salt water, chlorine and air conditioning can destroy the skin. To keep the skin hydrated and looking healthy, moisturize it with the sun protection factor in the sun and use a night cream before going to bed. And for radiant, silky-smooth skin from head to toe, you should also moisturize your hands and body.
- Don't skimp on eye cream . Sun exposure gradually thins the skin and creates wrinkles. It is therefore important that eye care has priority. Try a light formula for the day and a creamier version overnight to wake up with plump, younger-looking eyes. Put on a baseball cap or a large, floppy beach hat to further protect your face, neck, and chest from dangerous UVA / UVB rays.
- Search for alpha / beta-hydroxy acids in your skin care * . Even if you are already exfoliating, your skin can always lighten and smooth the complexion. Ingredients such as grapefruit extract, papaya extract, lactic acid, glycolic acid and salicylic acid take your daily regime to the next level.
* Broadband protection is more important than ever when you use AHAs and BHAs. Because these ingredients constantly promote the removal of dead skin cells to reveal fresh, newer skin, sun protection is critical to keep the skin looking even.
- Vitamin C is the key. In particular a vitamin C serum.
- Detox . Use a cleansing mask 2-3 times a week to thoroughly cleanse the skin, absorb excess shine in the T-zone, and get a refreshed, healthy-looking complexion.
- Keep hydrated . Drink water all day. When you're on the go, bring a water bottle and a container of fresh fruit to avoid dehydration. Make sure you have a bottle of facial spray ready to rehydrate your skin too!
- Make the healthy switch . As tempting as it is to lie in a solarium or sunbathe, switch to self-tanning to achieve this desirable summer skin without being exposed to the dangers of overexposure. Beauty tip: Our faces are always a shade or two lighter than our bodies. To add color to your face as well, switch between a tinted moisturizer and a self-tanner on your face for a more even, sun-kissed color.
Curious about what is included in our July skin care issue? Take a look in our medicine cabinet.
Categories: Skin Care, Skin Tips, Spring / Summer |
I take these truths for granted that skin care comes first, green tea is everything and the Internet rules everything (typical abateacnephilosophy; if it was not “programmed” it never happened).
Also relevant: author, content creator, national sales manager at Mario Badescu.
You can find more information about me on my Google+ page.